[singlepic id=496 w=320 h=240 float=left]Lelands.com, one of the premier auctioneers of sports memorabilia (as well as rock and roll collectibles, American and photography!), is accepting consignments through Fri., March 16, for their spring 2012 auction.
This is an auction that is going to get a lot of attention from die-hard collectors –Lelands auctions always do – so if you have a primo piece of sports history, this is a fantastic venue to get maximum exposure for it. Of course, the company you keep has a lot to do with it, and Lelands has some great consignments lined up for the spring event:
- Steve Lott boxing collection (Lott was Mike Tyson’s assistant manager, and we’re told the collection features some amazing Mike Tyson material!)
- high-grade T206 card collection valued at over $250,000
- fresh collection of 19th-century Baltimore Orioles game programs
- high-grade Topps baseball sets from the 1950s and ’60s
- Josh Gibson 1950–51 Toleteros rookie baseball card
- Dwight D. Eisenhower’s personal presidential golf clubs
- cricket bat signed by Winston Churchill, Dwight Eisenhower and World War II Allied Forces personalities with provenance
- “The Colossus” 19th-century folk art hand-carved boxing figure nearly seven feet tall
- Sal Larocca Brooklyn Dodgers collection (Part IV).
Again, the deadline is this Friday, so if you want to be a part of this important auction, e-mail photos and item descriptions to consignments @ lelands (dot) com or call (631) 244-0077 (Bohemia, N.Y.) and talk to a Lelands.com expert.